NML 012: Going from Solo to Starting a Partnership
Many solos leave their solo practice at some point to test the partnership waters. There are numerous benefits to starting up a firm, but there are also some pitfalls you need to be aware of before you take the plunge.
John recently left his solo practice to join with another attorney, and he will talk about his decision to do so as well as the process he and his new partner undertook prior to opening their doors.
In this episode you will learn:
- Why you might want to leave the solo life to start up a practice with a partner
- The biggest benefit of being a solo attorney
- The process of starting up a law partnership
- How a business partnership is a lot like a marriage, and why you should treat your potential business partner like a potential spouse
- Some surprises and challenges John faced when opening his new firm
- How to get John to send you a perfumed, hand-written note
Mentioned in this episode:
- Major League Soccer
- Columbus Crew SC John’s favorite soccer team
- WordPress website creation platform
- Squarespace website creation platform
- Mailchimp email list software
- John announces his new firm
- Stansbury Weaver Ltd.
Thanks for listening!
Questions? Comments? Topic Recommendations?
Like the podcast?
Leave us a rating and review at www.newmodernlawyer.com/itunes – we will love you forever
*Note: links to outside sites may be affiliate links